Gigi's Journal - April 26, 2011 @ 7:24 AM


Today the sky was blue, and so was I. Sharon Schmidt

Twenty two weeks and one day.
Chris, Sue, Morgan and I got up early to get breakfast and get to the hospital. Brooke slept well last night, thanks to Dr. "Ambien".

Connie, the sonographer, came in to take Brooke to get the ultrasound. As expected, Emerson's heart wasn't beating. As I was reminded today, her spirit and a good friends' recent loss, are playing together on the other side.

Coeur d'Lane and Lennon are doing well. They were so busy in there, moving, sucking on their hands - so sweet. Their heart rates are in a good range and their fluid levels remain in a good range.

The average delivery occurs about 10 weeks after this procedure. We want Coeur d'Lane and Lennon to get big and stay in as long as possible!

We won't have to worry about Emerson now. We focus our attention on the future.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. Corrie Ten Boom

Comments

  1. Oh,my friend, my heart is breaking for you all. I am so very sorry. I love you and am praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is hurting for all of you ~ a book that really ministered to us when we lost our little one is "I'll Hold You In Heaven", by Jack Hayford.
    I have a copy if you'd like one. It's very comforting. Love to you & family, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry there was a too early goodbye for Emerson. Holding you all in my heart. I know this is a bittersweet day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We grieve because we weren't meant for this. We were built to except the loss of a child. This broken world throws too many things our way but we serve a God who goes before us and makes a way for healing on the other side. Wholeness with Him. Oneness one day as a family again. Emerson will know here mama and daddy and she will run to them and know her sisters by name. Such a heavy heart right now Sharon but I will continue to pray for strength for Coeur d'Lane and Lennon. God bless this family above and beyond way that they dont see coming. Draw close, Lord.
    Much love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, Chris, Brooke and the rest of the family,
    My heart is so broken for your precious loss. I can hardly see past the tears to type this. My constant prayer is that you will find indescribable peace and comfort knowing that the only thing sweet Emerson has ever known is being in the amazing prescence of our loving Father in heaven. What a reunion it will be one day! Holding you all in my heart and continuing to pray for your precious babies. Chas

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^ I meant to type "we WEREN'T built to except the loss of a child" (yikes!)

    AND

    "God bless this family above and beyond IN WAYS that they dont see coming."

    Holly

    {too close to home for me to type without errors i guess}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of you! (((big hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish there were the "right" words to say, but I know that words aren't enough. I know full well that He is enough and will be enough. We are praying, and we love you all tremendously.

    ~Q~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just getting internet again....:( thank you for this glimpse into y'alls life...diitto the above comments....t is the 'shattered dreams' here that keep me longing for Heaven....just read an amazing Bible verse that George Mueller used when he lost his wife, something to the effect that if her death had to come then he would take God at His word that that was 'the best'..my heart hurts for you, no good words...so many of our babies waiting for us...love you, thanks for the privilege of praying

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Journal - July 29, 2011

Gigi's Journal - April 23, 2011