Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's been a long day. We've laughed, we've cried and we've laughed again.
Brooke is staying at the hospital tonight. She started having contractions before noon but they gave her medicine to stop them. It has worked. Her back hurts but she is doing well.
We need to be back at the hospital tomorrow morning by 7:00. They are going to do another ultrasound to check the babies' heartbeats. We are prepared for Emerson to be gone but it's going to be emotional. .
Prayers for Chris and Brooke, for Coeur d'Lane and Lennon,. I'm not sure who all sees this blog but I want to thank you for being there for us.
Emerson had a 5% share of the placenta, leaving Lennon with 95% of the placenta. They did share a couple of large vessels, which would have caused significant neurological damage, if not death to Lennon, when Emerson passed. After they were separated Emerson's heart rate went down to the 50's and 60's. They don't expect she will be here tomorrow when they check on the baby's again.
I am asking that no one share any of this information on Facebook, please. Do not write on my wall giving any hint to this, please. I want to respect Brooke and Chris. Give them time. While they have two healthy babies right now they are experiencing grief and need space. PLEASE be sensitive.
Don't stop praying for us.
They just took Brooke back to the O.R. and Chris is with her. She will have an epidural put in. The longest part of the procedure is for the doctor to map out the vessels. The actual laser process is short. Will update when I know more.
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.
Brooke, Chris and Sue (Brooke's mom) drive up to Cincinnati for the next appointment. Dr. Halib does the ultrasound. Heartbeats, A: 163, B: 160, C: 155. Emerson's fluid level is .9 and Lennon's is 5.5. Coeur d'Lane's is a little elevated but it might be transient.
This morning I got a Facebook message from my friend Janice. Her daily Bible verse popped up her phone:
I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Baby A is now known as Coeur d'Lane. There is a town in Idaho named after an Indian tribe called Coeur d'Alene. It's French for "heart
14 weeks 4 days. The babies have grown so much in just two weeks. Baby A weighs a whopping 4 ounces while the twins weigh 3 ounces each. They are about 3.5 inches long and are about the size of a lemon. Their heart rates are: A: 137, B: 142, C: 135.
Ten weeks and 5 days. Today B&C met Dr. Tabb. He is the doctor that came highly recommended to them.
Eight weeks and three days. It's cold and snowing outside. We carefully make our way to the UofL Maternal Fetal Medicine facility.
|"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."|