Gigi's Journal - February 25, 2013

Day Two of Thirty Things

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears

1.  Spiders.  I do not like spiders.  At all.
I'm not sure how I developed this fear.  In 1997, in an attempt to overcome this fear, I got a "pet" spider.  A juvenile black widow.  She lived in a mason jar that I kept upside down.  Her web was in the top and I would open the bottom to feed her.  She lived for 9 months.  Yeah, still don't like spiders.

2.  Being in water over my head.
Especially in the ocean.  When I was about five I can remember being caught in an under toe and a big wave crashing over my head and pushing me into the sand.  Scary.

3.  Heights
In an effort to conquer this fear, I've learned to fly, gone to the top of the Empire State Building, 30 Rock, the Stratosphere in Vegas and the edge of the Grand Canyon.  I scream like a little girl when riding the ferris wheel.  While I am fearful of heights there is a confidence I get every time I put myself in that situation.  Not sure where it developed though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Journal - April 26, 2011 @ 7:24 AM

Gigi's Journal - July 29, 2011

Gigi's Journal - April 23, 2011