I have been given a challenge. Normally I would just ignore this kind of thing but as soon as I read it I knew it was for me to do. Thankful for friends who know me well! So here goes nothing. My first day of 30 Things my Children and Grandchildren Should Know About Me.
Day One - List 20 Random Facts About Myself (in no particular order)
1. I am a licensed pilot.
2. My first job was at Manor Care Nursing Home. I was a volunteer and basically got to play cards and board games with the elderly.
3. I took six years of French and much to my teacher's dismay refused to quit and take Spanish.
4. I struggled with an eating disorder (anorexia) as a teenager.
5. I love helping others especially when they don't know I'm helping them.
6. I am a semi-professional genealogist. If you sit too long with me and I get wind that you are ever so slightly interested in your heritage, I will have your family tree mapped out in no time. True story, and strangers are not exempt.
7. I prefer white gold to yellow gold. I have as long as I can remember.
8. My first concert was in November 1974 - Elton John. Kiki Dee was the opener.
9. I don't like to read books. I'd much rather watch a movie.
10. I've had three heart attacks and no heart disease.
11. I have been playing guitar and piano since I was 10 years old. I failed miserably when taking lessons. Left to my own I became proficient. Turns out that's a family trait :-)
12. I'm not fashion savvy and I'm okay with that. (I realize that may surprise many of you - haha) God gave me a girly-girl instead.
13. I love to watch pro football and "my" team is the Redskins.
14. Our second son was named after MVP of the 1980 World Series.
15. I was a member of the National Honor Society the same year I missed 55 days of school.
16. I had my appendix removed in 1999.
17. I knew who I would marry when I first met him. He wouldn't get the memo until 5 years later.
18. I lost a baby between Michael and Rebecca.
19. I won a contest between me and my Mother in 1972. Who could grow their nails out the longest in one month. My prize - Alice Cooper album.
20. I like to write - songs, stories, poetry - I like to write.